International Animal Rights Day is observed annually on December 10th every year globally. For the rights and welfare of animals, the day is internationally celebrated. It is an excellent day for the people who give well treatment and love to the Animal. Because they get a chance to spread about Animal rights to people. The day seeks people to address the rights of animals, both domestic and wild. The day is observed to pay tribute to animal rights.
Why Animal Rights Day?
Animals play a significant role in the environment by maintaining a fragile ecological balance. They also bring human wellness. But research by the IS Foundation showed that 36% of all species are at risk on earth. Only that? No. Also, 60 billion farm animals are not treated humanely. But they help a lot both of the environment and world. They are also our good companions. That’s why they deserve our respect, love, and fair treatment. Hence, International Animal Rights Day is observed to advocate animal rights. On this day, animal lovers can encourage their friends, family, relatives, or communities to hold up a voice for animal rights.
International Animal Rights Day 2022
International Animal Rights Day was first established in 1998 by the Animal Rights Association, Uncaged. December 10th was chosen as International Animal Rights Day to coincide with Human Rights Day by Uncaged, headquartered in Sheffield, England.
For the people who care, love, and have a great intention for animals, International Animal Rights Day is a special day for them. And the good news for them is that the International Animal Rights Day of 2022 will be held within a short time. Many have a question in their mind, “How will we celebrate this day properly with the animal?” Okay, then keep reading. Our site always wants to help you.
How to Observed the Day?
There are many ways to celebrate Animal Rights Day, and some are given below.
1. Give Animal Freedom, Love, Care, Dignity.
Animals love freedom, and freedom is their rights. So we should not keep any animal away from its freedom. Instead, we should take care of them because they deserve it from us as we are the best creation of God.
2. Don’t Hit or Kill Animals.
Animals have the rights to live and live properly. We should not hit them, kill them. As living is their rights, we should be careful about shooting or killing animals.
3. Write about Animal Rights in Newspapers or Social Media.
We can spread animal rights by writing about animal rights in the newspaper or social media.
4. Arrange a Program about Animal Rights.
Many people don’t know about the rights of animals. So an animal rights programs can be the best way to spread animal rights.
5. Encourage Children to Love Animals.
Youngster’s and older adults should encourage children to love animals and give little concept about animal rights. Then children will start to be kind to animals, and they will take care and try to fulfill their requests because children are very animal lovers.
Animal Rights Day messages, quotes, wishes
Sending or sharing Animal Rights Day related messages, wishes, quotes with friends or social media can be a great Awareness. You can send Animal Rights Day related wishes to your parents, quotes to friends, or messages to family or relatives.
- “We patronize the animals for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken form so far below ourselves. And therein we err, and greatly err. For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours, they are more finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other Nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth.” -Henry Beston
- “As custodians of the planet, it is our responsibility to deal with all species with kindness, love and compassion. That these animals suffer through human cruelty is beyond understanding. Please help to stop this madness.” – Richard Gere
- “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring – it was peace.” -Milan Kundera
- “Killing animals for sport, for pleasure, for adventure, and for hides and furs is a phenomenon which is at once disgusting and distressing. There is no justification in indulging in such acts of brutality.” -Dalai Lama
- “Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.” -Alfred A. Montapert
- “Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.” -Thomas Edison
- “Pets are humanizing. They remind us we have an obligation and responsibility to preserve and nurture and care for all life.” -James Cromwell
- “The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
- “Such short little lives our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day.” -John Grogan
- “Love the animals: God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- “If a man aspires towards a righteous life, his first act of abstinence is from injury to animals.” – Albert Einstein
- “Animals are such agreeable friends? they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” -George Eliot
- “Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” -Anatole France
- “It is much easier to show compassion to animals. They are never wicked.” -Haile Selassie
- “The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.” – Charles Darwin
- “When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble.” -Buddha
- “An animal’s eyes have the power to speak a great language.” -Martin Buber
This day inspires people to make a better world for the animals. As we are the best creation of God, we have the responsibility to take care, protect and fulfill animal rights. Like human beings, animals also have feelings of pain. Most of us can understand that or not. Many animal lovers trust that “Animals have emotion, they can perceive feelings.” So the International Animal Rights Day is undoubtedly fantastic for those animals lover to hold up their voice about animal rights.