Riddles are Perfect For Your Brainstorming Which Can Help You to Think outside of Box. To Test Yourself or Kids, we have best riddles Which including Easy and Hard Riddles For Kids and Adults. You Will also Get Funny, Math, Words Riddle Which will help you to Engage you and others. Don’t Worry, We’ll give you all types Riddles with Answers to Test. If you want to give your brain a good challenge then the best riddles for kids and adults will help you achieve that. Also, riddles are entertaining, and once you solve them, you can test your friends and family with the riddles.
Below, we have a collection of some of the best riddles with answers for you. There are many types of riddles including easy ones, maths, funny, words, for adults, for kids, and so on. Make sure to check them all out right now.
What is Riddle?
Riddle is a tricky question that tests your ability to solve it on the spot. Typically, there are all sorts of clues provided on the question but it’s not very obvious. So, it presents a good challenge, and that’s why it’s so fun.
Riddles have been one of the most amusing things for years now. These are also considered a form of literature in many countries like Africa.
If you’re just starting out on riddles, it’s best to start with the easier ones. That will make sure that you don’t get caught up in the difficulty and get the most out of the riddles. Not to mention, these will still challenge you to a level where it’s super fun.
1. Riddle: What has to be broken before you can use it?
Answer: An egg
2. Riddle: I’m tall when I’m young, and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?
Answer: A candle
3. Riddle: What month of the year has 28 days?
Answer: All of them
4. Riddle: What is full of holes but still holds water?
Answer: A sponge
5. Riddle: What question can you never answer yes to?
Answer: Are you asleep yet?
6. Riddle: What is always in front of you but can’t be seen?
Answer: The future
Check out our collection of easy riddles that we have piled up for you. These are all amazing riddles that you can try out for yourself and share with your close ones. Not to mention, we have provided the answers to all the tricky questions so that you can learn the correct answer.
7. Riddle: There’s a one-story house in which everything is yellow. Yellow walls, yellow doors, yellow furniture. What color are the stairs?
Answer: There aren’t any—it’s a one-story house.
8. Riddle. What can you break, even if you never pick it up or touch it?
Answer: A promise
9. Riddle: What goes up but never comes down?
Answer: Your age
10. Riddle: A man who was outside in the rain without an umbrella or hat didn’t get a single hair on his head wet. Why?
Answer: He was bald.
11. Riddle: What gets wet while drying?
Answer: A towel
12. Riddle: What can you keep after giving to someone?
Answer: Your word
Riddles For Adults
Riddles are not only for kids but it’s super fun for adults as well. If you want to challenge yourself with some puzzles, then we have the perfect range of riddles for you. Check them out and see how many you can get right. We have the answers laid out as well so that you can check whether you’ve got it right or not. And once you’re done, make sure to test your friends with these riddles as well.
13. Riddle: What do other people use more even though it belongs to you?
Answer: Your name.
14. Riddle: What doesn’t smell but tastes great?
15. Riddle: Without a head, I am higher. What am I?
Answer: A pillow
16. Riddle: I am not the Queen although my name suggests otherwise.
Answer: A ruler
17. Riddle: I travel around the world in a corner. What am I?
Answer: A stamp
18. Riddle: The strongest people cannot hold me for more than 5 minutes even though I am the lightest thing. What am I?
Answer: Your breath
19. Riddle: I do not have a body but I speak without a mouth and listen without any ears. What am I?
Answer: An Echo
20. Riddle: My life is measured in hours. When I am thin I am quick and slow when I am fat. What am I?
Answer: A candle
21. Riddle: I am a five-letter word but when you add two letters I become shorter. What word am I?
22. Riddle: I am a wet coat every time you put me on. What am I?
23. Riddle: What starts with gas and is made from 10 letters?
Answer: An Automobile
Riddles For Kids
Kids love riddles and that’s a fact. You challenge a kid with a riddle and he’s going to try his best to come up with the correct answer. In fact, he won’t stop until he gets the answer correct. And once he gets it right, he’ll start to test everyone around him with the riddle. We have the perfect riddles for kids listed for you. You can simply ask the kids any of the riddles and they’ll be very amused.
24. Riddle: David’s parents have three sons: Snap, Crackle, and what’s the name of the third son?
25. Riddle: I follow you all the time and copy your every move, but you can’t touch me or catch me. What am I?
Answer: Your shadow
26. Riddle: What has many keys but can’t open a single lock?
Answer: A piano
27. Riddle: What can you hold in your left hand but not in your right?
Answer: Your right elbow
28. Riddle: What is black when it’s clean and white when it’s dirty?
Answer: A chalkboard
29. Riddle: What gets bigger when more is taken away?
Answer: A hole
30. Riddle: I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest person can’t hold me for five minutes. What am I?
Answer: Your breath
31. Riddle: I’m found in socks, scarves and mittens; and often in the paws of playful kittens. What am I?
32. Riddle: Where does today come before yesterday?
Answer: The dictionary
33. Riddle: What invention lets you look right through a wall?
Answer: A window
34. Riddle: If you’ve got me, you want to share me; if you share me, you haven’t kept me. What am I?
Answer: A secret
35. Riddle: What can’t be put in a saucepan?
Answer: It’s lid
36. Riddle: What goes up and down but doesn’t move?
Answer: A staircase
37. Riddle: If you’re running in a race and you pass the person in second place, what place are you in?
Answer: Second place
Funny Riddles For Adults
If you’re looking for some funny riddles, then you are in the right place. We have some of the best funny riddles prepared for you. These are perfect for sharing with your friends and family and having a laugh.
38. Riddle: What has lots of eyes, but can’t see?
Answer: A potato
39. Riddle: What has one eye, but can’t see?
Answer: A needle
40. Riddle: What has many needles, but doesn’t sew?
Answer: A Christmas tree
41. Riddle: What has hands, but can’t clap?
Answer: A clock
42. Riddle: What has legs, but doesn’t walk?
Answer: A table
43. Riddle: What has one head, one foot and four legs?
Answer: A bed
44. Riddle: What can you catch, but not throw?
Answer: A cold
45. Riddle: What kind of band never plays music?
Answer: A rubber band
46. Riddle: What has many teeth, but can’t bite?
Answer: A comb
47. Riddle: What is cut on a table, but is never eaten?
Answer: A deck of cards
48. Riddle: What has words, but never speaks?
Answer: A book
49. Riddle: What runs all around a backyard, yet never moves?
Answer: A fence
50. Riddle: What can travel all around the world without leaving its corner?
Answer: A stamp
Funny Riddles For Kids
So, make sure to pick a handful of riddles and send them to anyone you want to have a laugh with. They’ll love these funny riddles for sure.
51. Riddle: What 2 things can you never eat for breakfast?
Answer: Lunch and dinner.
52. Riddle: What has hands but doesn’t clap?
Answer: A clock.
53. Riddle: You will buy me to eat but never eat me. What am I?
Answer: A plate.
54. Riddle: Four legs up, four legs down, soft in the middle, hard all around. What am I?
Answer: A bed.
55. Riddle: When things go wrong, what can you always count on?
Answer: Your fingers.
56. Riddle: What has many keys but can’t open any doors?
Answer: A piano.
57. Riddle: I have wings, I am able to fly, I’m not a bird yet I soar high in the sky. What am I?
Answer: An airplane.
58. Riddle: I follow you all the time and copy your every move, but you can’t touch me or catch me. What am I?
Answer: Your shadow.
59. Riddle: I have no legs. I will never walk but always run. What am I?
Answer: A river.
Math Riddles for Adults
One of the most interesting types of riddles has to be the math riddles. These are very challenging, and if you love to solve mathematical problems, these will present a great challenge to you.
60. Riddle: I am an odd number. Take away a letter and I become even. What number am I?
61. Riddle: If two’s company, and three’s a crowd, what are four and five?
62. Riddle: What three numbers, none of which is zero, give the same result whether they’re added or multiplied?
Answer: One, two and three
63. Riddle: Mary has four daughters, and each of her daughters has a brother. How many children does Mary have?
Answer: Five—each daughter has the same brother.
64. Riddle: Which is heavier: a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?
Answer: Neither—they both weigh a ton.
65. Riddle: Three doctors said that Bill was their brother. Bill says he has no brothers. How many brothers does Bill actually have?
Answer: None. He has three sisters.
66. Riddle: Two fathers and two sons are in a car, yet there are only three people in the car. How?
Answer: They are a grandfather, father and son.
67. Riddle: The day before yesterday I was 21, and next year I will be 24. When is my birthday?
Answer: December 31; today is January 1.
Math Riddles for Kids
Go through our hand-picked math riddles and see how many you can get right. We have provided the answers so that you can see if you’re correct. If you know any friend that loves to solve some mathematical problems, be sure to send these riddles to them as well.
68. Ram has 5 sons. Each of his sons has a sister. If so, how many children does Mr.Ram have?
Answer: Six. All of the sons have the same sister.
69. Help me to find my friend. He is an odd number, but if you take away an alphabet from him, he becomes Even. Who is he?
70. I have a pound of feathers and a pound of iron? Can you please tell me which one weighs more?
Answer: Both of them would be of the same weight. A pound remains a pound despite the type of object.
71. If you multiply me by any other number, the answer will always remain the same. Who am I?
72. The price of a duck is Rs. 9, a spider costs Rs. 36 and a bee was priced Rs. 27. By taking into account this information, what will be the price of a cat?
Answer: Rs.18 (Rs. 4.50 per leg)
73. Tom was on the way to KLCC Park. He met a guy with 7 wives and each of them came with 7 sacks. All these sacks contain 7 cats and each of these 7 cats had 7 kits. So in total, how many were going to KLCC Park?
Answer: 1. Only Tom was going to KLCC Park.
74. There is an empty basket that is one foot in diameter. Can you tell the total number of eggs that you can put in this empty basket?
Answer: Only One Egg! Once you put an egg into the basket, it doesn’t remain empty anymore.
75. When my dad was 31 years old, I was just 8 years. Now his age is twice as old as my age. What is my present age?
Answer: When you calculate the difference between the ages, you can see that it is 23 years. So you must be 23 years old now.
76. Suppose 1+9+8=1, then what can be 2+8+9?
Word riddles are undoubtedly the most popular riddles and it’s the most fun as well. If you’re looking for some good word riddles, then we’ve got you covered. Check out our collection of some of the best word riddles. These are tricky, fun, and challenging at the same time.
77. Riddle: What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
78. Riddle: What begins with an “e” and only contains one letter?
Answer: An envelope
79. Riddle: A word I know, six letters it contains, remove one letter and 12 remains. What is it?
80. Riddle: What would you find in the middle of Toronto?
Answer: The letter “o”
81. Riddle: You see me once in June, twice in November and not at all in May. What am I?
Answer: The letter “e”
82. Riddle: Two in a corner, one in a room, zero in a house, but one in a shelter. What is it?
Answer: The letter “r”
83. Riddle: I am the beginning of everything, the end of everywhere. I’m the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space. What am I?
Answer: Also the letter “e”
84. Riddle: What 4-letter word can be written forward, backward or upside down, and can still be read from left to right?
85. Riddle: Forward I am heavy, but backward I am not. What am I?
Answer: The word “not”
86. Riddle: What is 3/7 chicken, 2/3 cat and 2/4 goat?
Hard Riddles For Adults
If you like to challenge yourself with the hardest stuff, then you’ll love these hard riddles for adults. These are your ultimate challenge when it comes to the difficulty level. Each riddle will take a lot of brainpower and effort to solve correctly.
87. Riddle: What is so fragile that saying its name breaks it?
88. Riddle: What can run but never walks, has a mouth but never talks, has a head but never weeps, has a bed but never sleeps?
Answer: A river
89. Riddle: Speaking of rivers, a man calls his dog from the opposite side of the river. The dog crosses the river without getting wet, and without using a bridge or boat. How?
Answer: The river was frozen.
90. Riddle: What can fill a room but takes up no space?
91. Riddle: If you drop me I’m sure to crack, but give me a smile and I’ll always smile back. What am I?
Answer: A mirror
92. Riddle: The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?
93. Riddle: I turn once, what is out will not get in. I turn again, what is in will not get out. What am I?
Answer: A key
94. Riddle: People make me, save me, change me, raise me. What am I?
95. Riddle: What breaks yet never falls, and what falls yet never breaks?
Answer: Day, and night
96. Riddle: What goes through cities and fields, but never moves?
Answer: A road
97. Riddle: I am always hungry and will die if not fed, but whatever I touch will soon turn red. What am I?
98. Riddle: The person who makes it has no need of it; the person who buys it has no use for it. The person who uses it can neither see nor feel it. What is it?
Answer: A coffin
99. Riddle: A man looks at a painting in a museum and says, “Brothers and sisters I have none, but that man’s father is my father’s son.” Who is in the painting?
Answer: The man’s son
100. Riddle: With pointed fangs I sit and wait; with piercing force I crunch out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a single bite. What am I?
Answer: A stapler
101. Riddle: I have lakes with no water, mountains with no stone and cities with no buildings. What am I?
Answer: A map
Allow yourself to go through these hard riddles and have a great time solving these advanced problems. And make sure to check the answers once you have an answer of your own to see whether you’re correct or not.
Tricky And Clever Riddles For Adults
102. I have branches but no leaves, no trunk, and no fruit. What am I?
Answer: A Bank
103. I can run but never walk. Murmur, but never talk. I have a bed but never sleep. I have a mouth, but I have never eaten.
Answer: A river
104. What was the first tallest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mount Everest, even though it hadn’t been discovered.
105.I am surrounded by wood. Everyone uses me. What am I?
Answer: Pencil Lead
106. Remover of regrets, old and new, looked for by many but found by a few. What am I?
107. Spelled forwards I’m what you do every day, spelled backward I’m something that scares. What am I?
108. What contains 12 hearts but no other organs
Answer: A deck of cards
1091.A word that contains all 26 letters?
Answer: The alphabet
110.A plane crashed on the border of Ukraine and Russia. Where were the survivors buried?
Answer: Survivors do not need to be buried.
111.What do rich people need that poor people have an abundance of?
112.I have cities, but no houses. I have forests but no trees. I have water but no fish.
Answer: A map
113. You walk into a room that contains a match, a candle, a cigarette, and a fireplace. What would you light first?
Answer: The Match
Riddles have been a fun thing for ages, and they just never fail to entertain. Hopefully, you enjoyed our huge collection of riddles that we prepared for you.