There is a Special Day for Men’s. November 19 is International Men’s Day to celebrate worldwide about the positive value of Men to the world and Family. Basically, a special day has been kept for them to think themselves valuable which is known as International Men’s Day. The day is celebrated on November 19 every year as it has been introduced to appreciate all men. Celebrate With these International Men’s Day Wishes, Quotes and Captions by Sharing with your loved one.
Although men can dominate the society, they are expected by everyone but they have no place to ask or no one wants to understand their feelings easily. But they are not insensitive but their feelings are suppressed. It is very important to observe this day so that they do not find these visas depressing and consider themselves more important. However, I think there is a lot for you to know about the day. So read the entire article.
When is International Men’s Day 2022?
This great day is celebrated on 19 November every year. You might be surprised to know that the month when this day was invented was February.
International Men’s Day 2022 Theme:
There is also yearly theme which is chosen for the day. Many countries also organize their own sub-theme for the day as well. However, the general theme for International Men’s Day 2022 is “Men Leading by Example”. Another theme for 2022 is “Helping Men and Boys”.
History of International Men’s Day:
If you are a man then surely you have enough interest to know how the day came. No doubt the day has a history that will surprise you. The incident dates back to 1968 when an American journalist highlighted the imbalances in the Soviet system in an editorial. There she wrote that while there is an international day for women, there is not one for men but it should have been.
Here he observed a discriminatory treatment towards men. Men are not only responsible, but they need more recognition which they fail to get. Later in February 1990 some small events were organized on the occasion of Purus Day. The day was revived in 1999. A man named Jerome Teelucksingh analyzed it in more depth.
He thought it was right that there was a day for fathers but why should those without children be deprived. Besides, there are many young teenagers who have achieved success and deserve praise even though they don’t get it. This day really needs to be about recognizing male role models. It was largely due to his inspiration that November 19 was celebrated as Men’s Day, which is still in force.
Activities of International Men’s Day:
There are many activities to celebrate Men’s Day. It doesn’t matter if you are male or female, it is your duty to perform these activities. There are many ways in which you can do things for men. There may be a men’s charity in your area that has men who may be sick or helpless. You can donate some money for them.
Also, this is a good time to fulfill your responsibilities to the men in your family. Enjoy a movie with them because they probably don’t get the chance, always busy with responsibilities. You can also organize a party to show them that their feelings are valuable. Even invite others to the party and show them examples of ideal and successful men.
International Men’s Day Facts:
There are some interesting facts about Men’s Day that you may not know. Around the world, boys die more in childhood than girls. In addition, the average life expectancy of men in the world is quite less than that of women. At the same time, men are more affected by disability than women. Men are way ahead of women when it comes to lying.
You may not know that a man with a shaved head is significantly stronger than a man with hair. If you see a man with a shaved head at various events, you can assume that he is more powerful because you can get a lot of ideas from him. A man can get the disease very quickly and is about 35% more likely than a woman. In addition, men are more successful than women in suicide attempts.
International Men’s Day Quotes
- To be a real man means to know how to face your mistakes, how to forgive, learn to love, and try to help everyone who needs you. Happy men’s day!
- God created men to follow his teachings which are based on love and respect, all men should do so and earth would be a better place to live. Happy men’s day!
- There is no need for a man to use physical force to show the strength that carries within him. It is a matter of facing the challenges of life without fear, happy men’s day!
- A real man does not care about what others think about him, he just does what he has to for the good of his family. Happy men’s day!
- The beauty of all men is that each one has a special quality, and it’s nice when you discover their true heart. Happy men’s day.
- Do not trust all men, but trust men of worth; the former course is silly, the latter a mark of prudence.” — Democritus — Ancient Greek pre-Socratic philosopher
- A father nurtures a child to help him start his life, more importantly; he helps him become a ‘MAN’.
- It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men angels – Saint Augustine.
- “All men who have turned out worth anything have had the chief hand in their own education. — Walter Scott — Scottish novelist and poet
- “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” Thomas Paine
Even though men are mentally tough, they are prone to break down sometimes when they take a suicidal path and succeed. They have to constantly struggle with various social problems. Traditional attitudes towards men need to be changed as the role of men in society needs to be recognised. All men in the family have some role to play. When they don’t get support from family they go bad and wrong way. So this day should be observed with utmost importance.