Kisan Diwas or National Farmers’ Day is observed on December 23 in India. The value of farmers is huge. We can enjoy delicious foods and pure vegetables as well as the most important food rice due to them. They work hard to plant these after days and nights, in excessive rain or sunlight. That’s why they deserve excessive respect, honor, love as well as appreciation.
So to mark the contribution of Indian farmers in the economy as well as in the country, Kisan Diwas is celebrated every year on 23th December in India. Kisan Diwas is also known as National Farmer’s Day.
In addition, India’s 5th prime minister from 28th July, 1979 to January 14, 1980, is deeply related to this day. His name is Chowdhury Charan Singh. Due to many positive and great deeds for farmers, he was regarded as “Farmer’s Leader”. He mostly worked for the welfare of farmers. Even farmer-friendly policies were also brought about by him.
Kisan Diwas 2022
Farmers work hard almost every day of the year. Though their work is hard enough, they never get tired and do their work happily. Because they love it, they love to serve pure food and vegetables. But it would not be bad if a special day was celebrated for them. That’s why they love Kisan Diwas very much.
Moreover, the day is also loved equally by the other people of India. Because they respect their farmers very much. So they usually wait for Kisan Diwas every year with a lot of hope. The Kisan Diwas of 2022 is knocking at the door and it will be held on 23th December on Thursday. So get ready to show respect to the farmer.
Why is the Day Important?
Farmers are valuable property of a country as well as in India. So by observing the day, farmers get a lot of honor and respect from people. Various kinds of awareness are also raised among farmers on this day.
People are able to learn about the dedication and spirit of farmers. People can also learn about a glorious man named Chowdhury Charan Singh and his glorious activities.
How to observe the Day
- Meet with your local farmers: It is Kisan Diwas or National Farmers Day and you won’t meet with your local farmers. Sounds like something incomplete. So to make it complete, meet with some local farmers.
- Treat farmers: They treat us foods, vegetables. So why not some treat for them? That’s why try to treat your local farmers at your limitations.
- Visit Farmer’s houses: Know about farmers as well as their family and houses. As the day is about farmers, it won’t be harmful for you.
- Visit various farms: Farmers work hard on their farms. Visit their farms and learn about these.
- Bea farmer: e a farmer for one day. It will make your National Farmers Day funny. Plan various vegetables or something else.
National Farmers Day
The day is observed throughout India on 23th December to show respect and pay tribute to farmers. It has been observed since 2001. Chowdhury Charan Singh worked and contributed a lot to the welfare of farmers. That’s why the government in 2001 decided to mark the hard work and contribution of Chowdhury Charan Singh for the farmers by observing his birth anniversary as Kisan Diwas. Hence from 2001 Kisan Diwas or National Farmers Day is celebrated every year on 23th December.
Contribution of farmers is not enough to explain by writing, and a special day is also not enough to appreciate them. We should everyday respect our farmers and we also follow the mentality of Chowdhury Charan Singh for farmers.