A hint of colour on the lips is transformative, instantly elevating the appeal of your ensemble. The perfect lippy gives you unparalleled confidence, allowing you to be assertive in day-to-day life – whether it’s an important meeting or a first date with ‘that special someone’. So, if this little stick from your vanity wields unparalleled power, why must you choose anything less than perfect?
For superior formulation with a wide range of colours, try the homegrown brand Lakmé. Born circa 1952, Lakmé lipsticks are long-wearing, silky smooth, and smudge-free. They bestow the pout with a rich pigment in a satin-like finish, indeed the best of both worlds. To further narrow your conquest to find the best lipstick for an occasion or everyday wear, here’s a step-by-step guide to assess your skin tone and find yourself a beautiful shade accordingly. So, what are you waiting for? Scroll ahead for the best Lakmé lipstick for you.
Determine Your Skin tone
The first step to finding the best Lakme lipstick is determining your skin tone! If you have any confusion regarding this prerequisite, walk to a place with a tonne of natural light and you’re bound to reach one of these three conclusions.
- If your veins look green: If your veins appear green, you have a deep-tone complexion. Try lipsticks with yellow undertones that further underline your beautiful complexion.
Lakmé lipsticks for your consideration: Feeling pink? Try the Lakmé Absolute Plush Matte Lip Crayon in Raspberry Shock to create a headline-grabbing lip moment. For a fiery red lip look, the Lakmé 9 To 5 Primer + Matte Lipstick – MR2 Red Coat is a perfect pick. On the other hand, if you wish to opt for an understated yet elegant look, a nude hue is the way to go –Lakmé Forever Matte Liquid Lip Color – Nude Twist is a stellar offering to grab.
- If your veins look blue or purple: If your veins appear blue or purplish, you have a light skin tone. And to help bring out your complexion, look for cool undertones like blue in your lipstick formulations.
Lakmé lipsticks for your consideration: For a fun and fabulous look, you can try the Lakmé 9 To 5 Matte To Glass Liquid Lip – Fuchsia Pink. This hue is eternal and compliments light skin tones exceptionally. Alternatively, Lakmé 9 To 5 Primer + Matte Lipstick – MR6 Coral Date is ideal for a soft-focussed romantic look. It also transitions beautifully from day to night and has an incomparable staying power. If you wish to create a polished yet subdued glam look, Lakmé Forever Matte Liquid Lip Color – Nude Twist is the perfect bet. The hue’s yellow undertones bring out the cool complexion without overplaying imperfections like dark circles and pigmentation.
- If your veins look green or bluish-green, you have a medium tone or wheatish complexion: The best part about the coveted Indian-origin brand Lakmé-they carry a flurry of shades which cater to the alluring wheatish complexion.
Lakmé lipsticks for your consideration: If you have a medium complexion, pick shades with warmer tones. Case in point: Lakmé Forever Matte Liquid Lip Color – Red Cherry brings to the centrestage, the latent radiance of olive skin-toned or tan skin. Similarly, Lakmé 9 To 5 Primer + Matte Lipstick – MP8 Rosy Sunday ensures a fresh burst of pink for the pucker in a gorgeous matte effect.
How to Make The Best Out of Your Lakme Lipstick
Now that you have picked a product as per your skin tone, it’s time to pucker up. We have a couple of steps you can follow to make the best out of your Lakmé lipstick. Keep reading!
- Prep Your Lips: Use a potent scrub to prep your lips. This formulation will adeptly remove dead-dried cells, ensuring a smooth surface for the lipstick application. Alternatively, you can also try the Lakme Lip Love Lip Mask. This overnight treatment, replete with shea butter and hyaluronic acid, deeply nourishes and hydrates the pucker with a single swipe.
- Apply a Thin, Even Layer of Your Lip Balm: To fortify your lips’ protection, add a thin layer of your favourite balm to your lips. This formula’s application also diminishes the friction between the lippy and the surface of your lips.
- Use a Lip Liner for Depth and Dimension: If you wish to create an illusion of fuller, plumper lips, get your hands on a Lakmé Definition Liner. Pick a shade (closest to your colouring) and use a light hand to slightly overline your lips. To add to your lippy’s longevity, you can use this liner to fill within this outline.
- Apply Your Lakmé Lipstick: Next, bust out your Lakmé lipstick and create a small cross at the cupid’s bow, working your way outwards with the little wand.
If you wish to elevate your glam, get your hands on a Lakmé Lipstick! With a formidable monopoly on the Indian beauty scene, Lakmé’s lip formulas are long-lasting, smudge and smear-free, and versatile. They cater to a wide variety of skin tones in the subcontinent.
Want to understand what colours work best for your complexion? Follow this simple test. Go to a place with plenty of natural light and determine the colour of your veins. If your veins appear green (deep-tone complexion), use lipsticks with yellow tinctures. For blue or purplish veins (light skin tone), try Lakmé lipsticks with cool or blue undertones. Alternatively, if you have bluish-green veins (medium tone), look for lippies with warm undertones.