Happy Labor Day 2022 Wishes, Messages and Quotes: The workers took part in a movement in 1886 to evaluate the workers’ work, create certain working hours for the workers, and demand a fixed salary allowance according to their work. The employers were forced to accept all their demands in exchange for the fresh blood from the workers. To respect the needs of the workers who laid down their lives, we celebrate Labor Day every year. It is celebrated in 170 countries around the world every year. This is a public holiday.
On this day, all office courts are closed. In today’s article, we will learn about Labor Day. You must read the whole article patiently if you want to know when, how, and why Labor Day is observed. So let’s start the rest of the discussion in detail without further ado.
When Is Labor Day?
May 1st is Labor Day. Different dates in different countries, some common ones are:
- Sun, 1 May 2022 – 170 countries
- Mon, 5 Sep 2022 – 9 countries
- Mon, 2 May 2022 – 9 countries
- Sun, 8 May 2022 – Saint Martin
- Sun, 19 Jun 2022 – Trinidad and Tobago
Happy Labor Day Wishes and Quotes
- The world is incomplete without the contribution of labors as we are the one who work so hard to make the impossible possible.
- Labour Day is the time to enjoy the fruits of your hard work and labor. It is the time to relax and enjoy a comfortable day after working hard to finish your duties.
- May your day be filled with brightness of sunshine and happiness of flowers. May your fruits of labour add sweetness to everyone’s lives.
- It is the dedication and hard work of the workers which has helped in building a nation. Without your support, every development is incomplete.
- May your life be filled with blessings and happiness. May your life is blessed with sunshine and success.
- Let us make the occasion of May Day a memorable one by working hard in life and inspiring others to do the same.
- Let us take inspiration from the dedicated workers who never give up in their lives.
- “The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.” – Mother Teresa
- “Without labour nothing prospers.” – Sophocles
- “No human masterpiece has been created without great labour.” – Andre Gide
- “Nothing ever comes to one that is worth having except as a result of hard work.” – Booker T. Washington
- “Nothing will work unless you do” – Maya Angelou
History and Significant of Labor Day
Labor Day is celebrated to honor the workers’ various jobs and ensure all their facilities. In exchange for sacrificing the lives of those workers who had shed fresh blood in their chests for the fixed working hours, today, the workers are getting the opportunity to work 8 hours a day and enjoy the fixed salary allowance and other benefits. Labor Day is celebrated on May 1 every year to honor their sacrifices.
Although there is constitutional recognition of the rights of the working class, it is not being respected. Although job opportunities in the industrial sector have increased, the minimum wage law has not been implemented. There is also controversy over implementing the wage commission’s recommendation for minimum wages for workers. Many industries do not even comply with the ILO working hours.
Child labor is still being recruited in violation of the law. Eighty percent of the garment industry is made up of women, the most exploited. Women workers are victims of various irregularities, including wage inequality in the workplace. They are also victims of mental, physical, and sexual abuse in many cases. However, many garment workers have died in accidents due to infrastructural mismanagement, the most significant source of foreign exchange earnings.
How To Observed Labor Day?
Labor Day is celebrated in different ways in different countries. People of varying labor unions in Bangladesh got involved and took out various processions and processions on this day. One hundred thirty-four years have passed since 18, but the workers have remained the same. Every year, according to broken records, the same song is played, we want fair wages, fixed working hours, extra work wages, and a safe workplace.
Hopefully, luck would have been on the workers just going but getting little. Most of the working people in the country do not get adequate wages to meet the minimum living standards. The wages that workers receive are inadequate. Most husbands and wives work together and somehow survive. Some are plagued by debt. This class of people is making significant compromises with the standard of living.
I hope you have understood very well what Labor Day is and why it is celebrated. I have discussed very well above how the Labor Day is celebrated and what is the current condition of the workers of Country. We must not only observe Labor Day face to face. We must all come together to ensure the various benefits to the workers and pay them a fair wage according to their work. They need to create a safe working environment and not be overworked.