You must know something about the Orthodox New Year, which is the first day of the year according to the Julian calendar. It is considered by many as the old New Year. But it is the beginning of the new year according to the date of the Julian calendar. It is celebrated on 14th January every year in Eastern European countries. But it is mainly celebrated through the Orthodox Church.
It is true that the English New Year is celebrated on January 1 in most countries of the world, but the Orthodox Church still follows the Julian calendar. You may know that Christmas is celebrated on 7th January according to the Julian calendar, and thus Orthodox New Year is celebrated 1 week after it. From today’s article, you will know about some essential things about it such as its tradition, wishes, messages etc.
Tradition of Orthodox New Year:
You probably still don’t know the exact history of the Julian calendar. This calendar was introduced by Julius Caesar in 45 BC. In the old Julian calendar, the year was 355 days. But this created a problem. Later, the Gregorian calendar was introduced in the 16th century and at that time most countries started using the Gregorian calendar. However, although the calendar has changed in most countries, the Orthodox Church still begins the new year according to the Julian calendar.
It is also called Old New Year as it takes place 13 days after the start of the new year of the Gregorian calendar. The day begins with prayers in the church, and then no activities are held. There are various arrangements for the day, including various food and drinks, and parties. But almost everyone celebrates New Year on this day, even those who have celebrated before.
Orthodox New Year Wishes:
- Wishing a very Happy New Year to everyone. May this coming year be showered with choicest blessings of Almighty for you and your loved ones.
- On the occasion of New Year, wishing each and every one a year full of positivity and lots of blessings from God. Have a wonderful year ahead.
- May the celebrations of New Year be full of high spirits and good fortune for you. Wishing everyone a cheerful and blessed New Year.
- On the occasion of New Year, make sure that you thank Almighty for the last year and offer prayers for the upcoming year. Happy New Year.
- Warm greetings on New Year to everyone. May this year unfold for everyone the good and happy times blessed by Almighty.
- Good health, peace, good luck may all these three be yours in the coming year. Happy new year 2023.
- May this New Year be bright and happy. May peace and happiness reside in your family. Wish you happy New Year 2023.
- May hope keep smiling on you every day, throughout the Year. Wish you a very happy new year.
- As this old year fades out, may the New Year break out with brightness and sparkles. Happy New Year 2023.
- May you have peace, joy and good health all throughout the year. Happy New year 2023.
- Every New Year brings along new hope, new challenges and new promises. Let’s gear up to face this wonderful time and make it a beautiful journey. Happy New Year 2023.
- Let us hope that life is always beautiful, inspiring and full of blessings like always. Wishing you a wonderful and successful Happy New Year to you and your family.
- I pray to God that the freshness of 2023 fills your year with high spirits, great confidence and courage to face the challenges and get successful. Happy New Year to you.
- It is time to say goodbye to the year we have lived and step into which has so much to offer us. Wishing you the most amazing and successful year. Happy New Year to my friend.
- I wish you are blessed with love, happiness, joy and success in the year 2023. I pray for your health and long life. Sending warm wishes as new times arrive. Wishing you a Happy New Year.
- May you have a fun-filled, entertaining and energetic New Year ahead. Sending warm wishes to you and your family on arrival of 2023. Happy New Year.
- Dates and calendars change as New Year arrives. This year also bring a change in your attitude and focus to experience the real success. Wishing Prosperous and Happy New Year 2022.
- Make this year special by fulfilling all the promises and living up to all your commitments with dedication and concentration. I wish you all the best and a wonderful Happy New Year.
- New Year is the time to wish the best of the times to the people you love. Happy New Year to the most special person in my life. Have a wonderful year ahead.
- This New Year make a resolution and bring about the much desired change in your life with a positive attitude. Sending warm wishes and greetings on this occasion. Happy New Year.
New Year brings joy to everyone, so make this day more joyful for you and your loved ones. For that you can use some wish. Like any other New Year, Orthodox New Year has some wonderful wishes that you can collect in advance. In this case you will find some websites that have a lot of wishes. These are the ones you send to your friends, relatives and loved ones on this day.
These wishes are similar to January 1st New Year. Some sweet wishes along with various activities to celebrate the day will really make you more happy. You can wish in this field the same way you wish your loved ones in other New Years. Pray to God for their happiness and peace and advise them to forget all the sorrows of the past year.
Orthodox New Year Messages:
_A new year means a new beginning and here’s to hoping that this beginning will be a lovely and wholesome one!
_Let us forget the mistakes of the past year and do our best to live this new year with new dreams and new hopes!
_Spread love and joy this new year, Happy New Year!
_The best way to start a new year is with smiles and giggles so pick up a comedy cassette and welcome this new year!
_A new beginning gives new hopes and here’s to hoping all the best for you!
_A new year arrives after giving us a tour of all the months and seasons, giving us hopes that whatever we have missed in the last months and season, may we achieve it now!
_May you fulfill all your dreams this new year!
_Here’s to wish you a lot of smiles and laughter this new year!
_Here’s to wish you a lot of joy, love, and success for this brand new year!
_The best thing about a new year is the chance to start everything fresh so here’s to hoping that you have all good starts this new year!
_May this new year brings success to you on all your new ventures, happy new year!
_Shine and smile through this new year as I pray to God that all your ventures will be successful!
_Praying to God that whatever you do this year will bring joy and happiness in your life!
_Here’s to wishing that all your resentments of the past year are not carried forward to this year and that you find better success and joy in this new year!
_Love,peace,success and happiness are the things that I wish you get in abundance this new year!
_Let us wake up stronger and more determined tomorrow as we gear up to accept the challenges this new year might bring to us!
_Life goes by in years and every year we hope to do better than before, so here’s to wishing you all the good luck in the world for this new year!
This blog contains some important messages that you can send to your acquaintances. If you don’t have enough message collection, collect some. Besides, you can get ideas from the messages shared with others on social media. As the messages have a lot of meaning, you can make your loved ones happy after sending them. Send some messages to your loved ones at the beginning of the day. Even send New Year wishes to everyone you know with some cute messages. Also, tell them to start the new year with new hope.
Orthodox New Year Prayer
1). Days, months, and calendars change as New Year arrives. I pray that this year also bring a change in your attitude and focus to experience the real success
2). May the almighty shower his kind blessings on you and your family. Wish you a very happy new year.
3). May God be kind to fulfill all your dreams and desires in the coming year. Wish you a very happy new year.
4). May your life blossom like a flower. I pray that this coming year, every day should unfold like a petal in a blossoming flower.
5). Wish you and your family a very blessed new year. Let God be kind and shower blessings and happiness on your family.
Then you know enough information about Orthodox New Year. It is one of the days of the Julian calendar which was introduced many years ago. Since then, several countries in Eastern Europe have been celebrating the New Year on this day. Although people across the Bis celebrate New Year on January 1, they still do not forget to participate in this day. You can also celebrate with various events. But don’t forget to start the day with prayer in the Orthodox Church. On the day, you can rekindle the joy that the New Year has lost.