Every year on August 7, Americans celebrate Purple Heart Day. The day mainly commemorates the sacrifice and bravery of those who represented the country and were wounded or killed. The centerpiece of the celebration is a purple heart decorated with the name of the country’s president. With all this August 7th is remembered by most people in America.
Not only is making a purple heart the end, but there are also special wishes, messages, and quotes for this day that people use. So if you are respectful to those people and looking for ways to pay tribute to them, then you must have some wonderful wishes and messages in your collection. But let’s first know the history of Purple Heart Day on a small scale.
National Purple Heart Day 2022
The concept and recognition of the Purple Heart first occurred in 1782. Since there were not enough funds to honor the activities of the army at that time, it was decided to award a Purple Heart. The award, made of silver and silk, was highly prestigious and still remains.
Later in 1932 and 1944, there were some more changes in the design of merit badges and purple hearts. However, this day was first observed in 2014 and since then Americans have been honoring this day every year. Those who have died are honored and those who are alive are honored with a purple heart.
Purple Heart Day Wishes
There are too many American soldiers who cannot be wished away. However, you can spread some nice wishes on the occasion of the day to all the friends and family members. In this, they will also consider the celebration of the day Gururattpuran. Remember these are not just wishes, but an expression of your love for the country. Your one small wish is enough to honor all departed souls.
By sending wishes to the self-sacrifices, let them know how much they have contributed to you and that this contribution plays a major role in the overall development of the country. Why forget to make a wish when this day reminds you of some important events and sacrifices?
- Their sacrifices will always be remembered for they have brought greatest honour to the country…. Warm wishes on Purple Heart Day to you.
- Let us celebrate Purple Heart Day to thank all those departed souls who have made United States proud…. Wishing a very Happy Purple Heart Day to you my dear.
- Purple Heart Day will always remind us that we have national heroes to look up to who have brought goodness and happiness to our nation…. Happy Purple Heart Day to you.
- All the men and women who have given lives for the nation are the ones who deserve the highest honour and Purple Heart Day is the way to celebrate it!!!
- Wishing a very Happy Purple Heart Day to you….. There is no other way to thank all those heroes of our nation who have sacrificed their lives for our country.
National Purple Day Messages
What if there will be some messages in memory of those who sacrificed their lives to protect the freedom of the country? There are some Purple Day messages that you can share with everyone. Remember those brave martyrs on this memorable day with these messages. They may be gone today but their sacrifice will be fresh for years to come.
Many have shared numerous messages online remembering the importance of this day. But if you want, you can create some messages of your own by mixing the emotions of your mind. These are not just small words, but an expression of people’s love for some great person.
- Warmth wishes to all heroes who are not alive in our world but their beautiful faces are in every heart, we salute your bravery on this special day on National Purple Heart Day.
- You were not the soldiers but you are the nation makers that sacrificed their everything for the country. Warmth wishes on National Purple Heart Day 2022.
- Remember those who fought for the U.S. and to ensure their courage is never forgotten, we all salute their patriotism on this special day National Purple Day.
- This is the day for brave persons for their bravery, this is respect for those who have been wounded or died for their country.
- Let’s celebrate this special day for their history on this bravery day of National Purple Heart Day 2022.
Purple Day Quotes
One thing that is always fresh is an honor, especially for those who give their lives for the country, which remains the same year after year. One of the reasons for sending 7 August quotes to everyone is to spread the importance of this day to everyone and remember the people who sacrificed with respect. Each quote illustrates the history behind Purple Day. So the quotes play an important role for those who celebrate the day without knowing the history.
- Goddamn it, you’ll never get the Purple Heart hiding in a foxhole! Follow me! – Henry Pierson Crowe
- “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” – Mark Twain
- Greater Love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends – John 15:13
- And they who for their country die shall fill an honoured grave. For glory lights, the soldier’s tomb and beauty weeps the brave – Joseph Rodman Drake
- As bronze may be much beautified by lying in the dark lamp soil, so men who fade in the dust of warfare fade fairer, and sorrow blooms their soul. – Wilfred Owen
- Patriotism is not short, frenzied outburts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.” – Adlai Stevenson
- “Patriotism is when the love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.” – Charles de Gaulle
- “America without her soldiers would be like God without His angels.” – Claudia Pemberton
You will surely love him who can die or make the supreme sacrifice for your country. So why be stingy in paying respect to those who have already sacrificed their precious lives? Apart from keeping silent or paying floral tributes in honor of great people, some small words carry a lot of importance.
The motto of Purple Day is to show respect for what has been lost and loyalty to what has been gained through it. Besides, this day will help brave people to save energy and common people will also be inspired to protect the country.