You must have enough idea about the holy day which is celebrated on November 30 every year. Yes, it is St. Andrew’s Day is celebrated as a public holiday in all European countries including Scotland. It is mainly celebrated in memory of a saint who patronized other countries including European countries.
He was a saint on the one hand and participated in important battles against Northumberland and was martyred on the other. Since then people have been remembering this day with reverence and they have maintained this tradition till now. Along with paying respects to this day, people celebrate the day with various feasts.
When is St. Andrew’s Day Celebrated?
This day is celebrated on the same date every year in several other countries including European countries. In continuation of this, the day will be celebrated on November 30 in 2022. People observe various rituals to observe the day. They don’t even make a mistake in arranging a party.
The party is full of feasts which are enjoyed with black pudding, haggis and whisky. Although it is celebrated as a national holiday in European eyes, it is probably not a holiday in America. But it is not that they refrain from observing this day. They change some decorations and make the day more joyful by feasting.
St Andrew’s Day Quotes, poems and greeting
- Latha Naomh Anndra sona dhuibh!
- That’s Scottish gaelic for Happy St Andrews Day and it’s the perfect greeting for today.
- Not only can you show off a little patriotism but it’ll surprise a lot of family and friends.
- Here are some quotes, poems, sayings and other messages to share this St Andrew’s Day.
- I’m William Wallace, and the rest of you will be spared. Go back to England and tell them… Scotland is free! – William Wallace
- If Scotland was independent, we’d be the 14th richest country in the developed world – Nicola Sturgeon
- Scotland is the best place in the whole world – Gail Porter
- Scotland should be nothing less than equal with all the other nations of the world – Sean Connery
- I love Scotland – I was made an honorary Wallace after my work on ‘Braveheart,’ you know. If I have two or three days off, I love nothing more than driving up there and climbing around Glencoe – Brian Blessed
- I think Scotland could take a stand in a wonderful way, ecologically and morally and ethically – Annie Lennox
St. Andrew’s Day Wishes:
The day has considerable importance, so people share various wishes with their family and friends. Andrew was also a saint in many countries and was known for his good works. You might be surprised to know that this day has been celebrated for over a thousand years.
- On the occasion of St. Andrew’s Day, may you and your loved ones are blessed with eternal happiness and smiles.
- May the occasion of St. Andrew’s Day brings along lots of blessings for you and your family for a beautiful future.
- St. Andrew will always be in the hearts of all Scottish people and we will always respect him as long as we live!
- -May St. Andrew’s Day brings happiness, peace, and hopes to all people in need of it!
- -It is still not too late to preach what St. Andrew has taught us and so with that hope I wish everyone a very St. Andrew’s Day!
- -Let us give it a try to see the world in the way the great saint used to see and maybe we will see the world as a very different one and with this thought let us wish everyone a very happy St. Andrew’s Day!
- -Let the world be one like the great St. Andrew had envisioned and to achieve that we have to spread a lot of kindness and love and with that thought, let us wish each other a very happy St. Andrew’s Day!
- -Happy St. Andrew’s Day to everyone, whether Scottish or not!
- -We feel very privileged to be born at a place where St. Andrew had lived and preached and with that, we wish everyone a very happy St. Andrew’s Day!
- -I really like to believe that St. Andrew is watching over us from somewhere else and with that faith I wish everyone a happy St. Andrew’s Day!
- -Here’s to wishing an amazing St.Andrew’s Day to everyone!
- -If you want to change the world, use love and kindness and with this thought, here’s wishing everyone a very happy St. Andrew’s Day!
- -May this St. Andrew’s Day be a source of direction and enlightenment to your life!
- -Wishing you and your family all the best wishes for this year’s St.Andrew’s Day!
- -May we always have the teachings of St. Andrew to guide us through our life and with that thought, have a happy St. Andrew’s Day everybody!
Wishes remind people about the history of this day and the famous saint who sacrificed his life. Many even mention that he was a companion of Jesus. Americans are significantly associated with the day. Even their food is an important day like this one though there is no holiday. But they also perform several activities.
St. Andrew’s Day Quotes & Sayings:
St. Read the quotes and sayings for Andrew’s Day and share them with others. The day has a lot of significance, so remind others that they should celebrate it too. Also wish your friends a happy and beautiful time with their families.
- -May this St. Andrew’s Day brings a lot of happiness to you and to all of your loved ones!
- -May St. Andrew’s teachings be forever in the minds and hearts of people for all the generations to come!
- -May we all receive the blessings of St.Andrew from heaven!
- -May we follow the teachings of St. Andrew always and may our lives be always filled with his blessings!
- -May St. Andrew’s Day be a day of happiness and togetherness in your family.
- -Wishing everyone a very joyful St. Andrew’s Day and may everyone find happiness in their hearts!
- -May the patron saint St. Andrew never be forgotten and may his blessings always be there with us!
- -Heres’ to wishing everyone a marvelous St.Andrew’s Day!
- -May everyone find enlightenment and direction on this St.Andrew’s Day!
- -May St. Andrew’s Day be a happy day in all your lives!
Moreover, the day is auspicious enough to have come because of a saint. So they should express gratitude towards this day. Apart from this, some prominent people also published some valuable quotes about this day. Everyone should know about them.
St. Andrew’s Day Messages:
- -Hello everyone, it is time to celebrate your Scottish culture with revived enthusiasm because St. Andrew’s Day is just around the corner!
- -Some teachings of St.Andrew will always remain with us through generations and today is the day to pay respect to the great saint!
- -Hey all, its time to celebrate Scotland’s patron saint, St. Andrew because it is almost 30th November!
- -St. Andrew will always be in the hearts of all Scottish people and we will always respect him as long as we live!
- -Even the National Flag of Scotland represents St.Andrew, so Scotland is all about St.Andrew and the Scots really go all out when it comes to celebrating St. Andrew’s Day!
- -There should be no need to specify a day to wish well for others but St. Andrew’s Day is one such day which implores us to look at the world from the perspective of St.Andrew and wish the very best for all people!
- -If people were wise enough to live and love the way St. Andrew had preached, the world would have been a better place.
- -It is time to honor the great patron saint St. Andrew and we can do that by spreading his preachings to as many people as possible!
What message does this day convey? Definitely something valuable. This great man fought his enemies when Scottish culture was on the brink of destruction, but his contribution was not limited to one place, but the people of many countries honor his greatness every year. The history of St. Andrew’s will live on from generation to generation and people will remember the day with their hearts.
But the day is quite joyful, so people organize parties and meals as well as spend some of the best time with family and friends. Also inform each other about this great person so that the present generation can follow his character and great sacrifice.