Saint Francis’ detachment from worldly life and focus on God attracted Catholics. On this day, people go to church and pray to remember Francis who was very close to God. People celebrate this holy day through various quotes, wishes and prayers. Also people get inspiration to live a normal life in the world and be kind to others. This article will tell you how people can make this day more enjoyable.
Christians express the most holy sayings and wishes for the celebration of Francis of Assisi. Frankly you should be thankful for Francis’s biography because he gave you the idea of a beautiful and holy life. He was born rich but lived a simple life till the end of his life and dedicated his entire life to God.
Saint Francis Assisi Quotes
St. Francis Day’s quotes carry considerable significance. On this day, everyone expects the blessings of the great saint. These quotes have been around for years and people consider them as the most sacred quotes. They allow you to learn a lot. The quotes convey the most important message to those who were averse to God or those who were more attracted to worldly life. You may not feel love towards animals but these quotes will change your thinking.
1. “Holy charity confounds all diabolical and fleshly temptations and all fleshly fears.” -St. Francis of Assisi
2. “A single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows.” – St. Francis of Assisi
3. “No one is to be called an enemy, all are your benefactors, and no one does you harm. You have no enemy except yourselves.” – St. Francis of Assisi
4. “If you have men who will exclude any of God’s creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men.” – St. Francis of Assisi
5. “All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle.” – St. Francis of Assisi
6. “The only thing achieved in life without effort is failure.” – St. Francis of Assisi
7. “Blessed is the servant who loves his brother as much when he is sick and useless as when he is well and an be of service to him.” – St. Francis of Assisi
8. “Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission; to be of service to them whenever they require.” – St. Francis of Assisi
9. “It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching.” – St. Francis of Assisi
10. “Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.” – St. Francis of Assisi
11. “While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart.” – St. Francis of Assisi
12. “Where there is discord may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. Where there is despair, may we bring hope.” – St. Francis of Assisi
13. “He who works with his hands and his head and his heart is an artist.” – St. Francis of Assisi
14. “Do few things but do them well, simple joys are holy.” – St. Francis of Assisi
15. “For it is in giving that we receive.” – St. Francis of Assisi
16. “You cannot all abandon your possessions, but at least you can change your attitude about them. All getting separates you from others; all giving unites to others.” – St. Francis of Assisi
17. “Go out and preach the gospel and if you must, use words.” – St. Francis of Assisi
This is the right time to send good wishes for your loved ones. Tell them to be just as eager as you are to seek the blessings of that great saint at this time. At the same time follows the beautiful life of the saint. Share some quotes with the whole family and even encourage your children to lead a normal life and have faith in God. It also encourages them to be kind to people.
Saint Francis Assisi Wishes:
You can only imagine how the wishes of this day can be. Remember this is a very holy and great day, so you should not judge who to send wishes to. The wishes of this day are very important for everyone’s life. If you want to be a real person yourself and want to teach others the same, then wish everyone known and unknown. On this day, not only people, but also pets are taken to the church to receive the blessing of Francis.
1. Sending my best wishes to you and your cute little pet on the auspicious occasion of St. Francis Assisi…. May He is always there to protect your adorable pet and shower it with blessings.
2. Let us learn from St. Francis to love all the animals around us and work for their happiness and safety by following his preaching…. Wishing a very Happy St. Francis Assisi Day to you.
3. We are fortunate to have the blessings of St. Francis in our lives because HE is always there to protect our pets and keep them healthy and happy with his blessings.
4. For all 364 days of the year, we are only seeking blessings for us but on this special day, let us seek his choicest blessings on St. Francis Assisi Day to keep our pets in the best of health and spirits.
5. I am sending my warm wishes to you and your sweet pet on St. Francis Assisi Day…. I wish that you two always stay together, happy, smiling and healthy by the choicest blessings on St. Francis.
6. He was the patron saint of animals….. His love for animals was beyond conditions and seeking his blessings for our pets on his day will surely bring joy and goodness in the lives of our pets…. Best wishes on St. Francis Assisi Day!!!
7. Today is St. Francis Assisi Day, the day to take your pets to the Church and seek blessings of this most amazing saint of the present times, whose love for the animals is so pure….. Wishing you a very Happy St. Francis Assisi Day.
Saint Francis Assisi Prayers:
Forget everything behind and pray to God on this day and seek His blessings. Ask God to make you great like Francis. Also, if there is any hatred or hatred in you, may He remove it. At the same time pray for the Most Holy One to give you strength that will keep you away from all evil, darkness and despair. Also thank the saint because he has given you this day to worship God and get his blessings.
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Francis will bless people only when he sees people behaving kindly towards people and animals. So if you don’t have kind qualities in you then take a vow on this day to always be kind to everyone and be like the saint who was with the helpless. May you be blessed even more by taking such great vows.