Veterans Day 2021 bears great significance to all Americans. But many people wonder about when is Veterans Day. If you are also curious about this, you will clearly find the description in our article. The military force performs a crucial role effectively to serve the country in many ways.
Their heroism and sacrifices for the nation are truly remarkable. So, to pay respects to their bravery, we all celebrate at least one day of the year. In our article, we are going to describe all about Veterans Day. Also, you get Veterans Day quotes here as well. So, to know all pieces of information, keep staying with us.
Veterans Day 2021
Like every year, Veterans Day is also observed on November 11 honorably this year. The Day is a remembrance of all veterans of all wars.
Every year, we pay gratitude to the armed force for their great service and feel solemn pride to those heroes who dedicate themselves to the victory. Here are some more details about this significant day.
What is Veterans Day?
Veterans Day or Armistice Day is mainly observed in the United States. It is the federal holiday of the US which is annually celebrated on 11th November every year. This day originated in 1919 on the anniversary of the world war and has annually been observed since 1938 after the announcement of the national holiday.
On that day, the people of the United States pay tributes to all American armies who are discharged under conditions or dead. So, the day is celebrated to honor those military veterans, or you may say for giving thanks and paying respects.
All Americans get the opportunity to honour the sacrifice of Armies who served their country bravely in wartime or at the period when the nation is in peace.
Is Veterans Day a Federal Holiday?
Veterans Day is obviously a Federal Holiday. Even in many states, the banks and other organizations and companies remained closed on that day. Veterans, including all militaries, are given the day off on November 11. Also, states workers are taking this day as a working holiday.
So in that sequence, November 11 is mainly globally recognized as Veterans Day. It is clear that the day is on the same day of the year.
One interesting fact here is that if the date falls on any Sunday, then the day is celebrated on the next Monday.
How to Celebrate Veteran’s Day
The celebration is mostly revolving around the veterans. There are a few ways by which you can celebrate the day:
- You can treat the veterans who live near you or work with you to a nice meal. You can talk about their experience in war or military life.
- You and your community can recognize their contribution by giving them any gifts, collaged photos, etc.
- Share their stories among people through social media posts.
- You can wish them on this day and thank them for their contribution.
- You can also work in the veterinary service organization and help them and their family with the various tasks on this occasion.
Veteran Day’s Quotes
We have found some of the quotes related to this day that will make your whishing more meaningful. You can write the quotes on a gift card or on a t-shirt and gift it to valerians near you. The precious quotes are written bellow.
- This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be.” – Douglas MacArthur
- “The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment.” – Judd Gregg
- “Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” – Maya Angelou
- “It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived.” – George S. Patton
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
- “Never was so much owed by so many to so few.” – Winston Churchill
- “Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.” – Ronald Reagan
Veterans Day Thank You Quotes
“The soldier is the Army. No army is better than its soldiers. The Soldier is also a citizen. In fact, the highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one’s country.” — George S. Patton
“Never was so much owed by so many to so few.” — Winston Churchill
“The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.” — Abraham Lincoln
“Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free.” — Dwight D. Eisenhower
“Americans never quit.” — Douglas MacArthur
“America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago.” — Steve Buyer
Veterans Day Wishes, Messages, Greetings
Wishing you happy Veterans Day and praising your loyalty towards the country. May God bless you.
A ‘Special Day’ once a year creates an excuse for neglect on the other 365 days for mothers, fathers & veterans”
We owe you so much. Hats off to you for being so brave and loyal. Happy Veterans Day, dear.
Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.
Happy Veterans Day. You guys deserve every ounce of respect for securing our future.
Thank you for serving the country with courage and dedication. Happy Veterans Day to you.
Thank you so much for paving the way for us and making the history greater than ever. Thank you for your service. Happy Veterans Day.
Thank you for helping to preserve the freedom and making it real for us. We are forever grateful to you for all your sacrifices. Happy veteran’s day, soldier. Sending all our salutes.
Veteran Day’s Images
Can’t find any good image to go with your Veteran Day’s post? Well, we have gathered a few good pictures for this occasion.
Veteran’s day is a significant day for all the veterans of the country who have contributed to the defence of the state. The future generation will become inspired by their stories and the honor they are receiving. So, on this day the Veterans are celebrated and honoured in the country. The day brings hope, peace and aspiration.