Women always prefer to keep themselves covered. Almost every woman today shows special interest in wearing hijab. It was initially limited to a few regions but gradually spread worldwide. An adult woman covers the beauty of her body through hijab. So World Hijab Day is celebrated every year to honor this thing.
Hijab is an Arabic word meaning to cover. No matter how beautiful a woman is, she does not want to show all her beauty in front of everyone. And they use hijab to cover this beauty. There is no woman who is not familiar with this word. This day basically highlights the importance of hijab more and more. Almost everyone irrespective of Muslims and non-Muslims show great interest in it.
When is Hijab Day 2023?
The concept of hijab dates back to many years, although this day was introduced not too long ago. Women have been wearing the hijab for a long time, but it was recognized as a day in 2013. Since 2013, every year on February 1, the day has been celebrated in many countries of the world.
You will be surprised to know that this day is observed by women of different religions and it is celebrated simultaneously in many countries of the world. You are probably wondering how the idea of celebrating this day came about. The idea originally came from a woman living in New York. Although the hijab has many users, it is sometimes controversial.
She felt the need to celebrate Hijab Day mainly to address this controversy. In this case, she wants to attract the creation of women who do not wear hijab. The idea of this day quickly spread to other countries of the world through social media. Almost everyone agreed to it. This day is being celebrated in more than 140 countries of the world.
Why Celebrate World Hijab Day?
There are some great reasons to celebrate Hijab Day. In many countries around the world, it has been observed that non-Muslims taunt women wearing hijab. Even the one who started this day has been subjected to various embarrassments at times. The day is observed so that people do not make negative comments about someone’s dress. It is not only for Muslim women but also non-Muslims can keep themselves covered with the help of this hijab.
On this day, everyone is encouraged to wear hijab. Sometimes non-Muslims don’t support Muslims, basically they don’t like hijab. In this case this day can play the most effective role. Hijab is brought to the world by people and others are forced to show respect to Muslim women.
How to Observe?
The observance of Hijab Day involves several important activities. You can do these activities yourself and encourage your friends too. Doesn’t matter if you’re not a woman. You can also participate in these activities. Even if you are a non-Muslim, do the activities of this day. Perhaps you don’t know enough about why girls wear hijab, now is the right time to know about it. Learn about the benefits of wearing hijab.
Besides, even if you don’t know about Islam, you can learn about it today because Islam is closely associated with hijab. If you know about Islamic teachings and other things, you can easily understand why women wear hijab. Also you can ask any Muslim friend of yours. Another activity to celebrate the day is posting on social media. You can share some posts, even wish your friends through messages.
1. Have a discussion about the hijab. This can be done in person or online. Ask questions, share stories, and learn about why Muslim women choose to wear the hijab.
2. Wear a hijab for a day. If you’re not Muslim, try wearing a hijab or headscarf to see what it’s like. You can also ask a friend who wears a hijab to help you put it on correctly.
3. Stand up against discrimination and violence against Muslim women. Show your support for Muslim women who wear the hijab by speaking out against hate speech and acts of violence.
4. Spread the word about World Hijab Day on social media using the hashtag #WorldHijabDay. Help raise awareness of this important day by sharing posts and articles with your friends and followers
On this special day, let’s spread love and support for women who wear the hijab, and celebrate their bravery and strength.
World Hijab Day Wishes, Messages and Quotes
Let’s spread love and understanding, and stand in solidarity with hijab-wearing women who face discrimination and challenges every day. Remember, wearing a hijab is a personal choice and it should be respected and appreciated. Happy World Hijab Day!
Here are some inspiring World Hijab Day wishes, messages and quotes that you can share with your loved ones:
- “Wishing a very Happy World Hijab Day to all the beautiful and strong hijab-wearing women out there. Keep shining and spreading love.”
- “Sending love and support to all hijab-wearing women on this special day. May you always feel proud and confident in your hijab.”
- “May this World Hijab Day bring peace, unity and understanding to the world. Wishing all hijab-wearing women a day filled with love and happiness.”
- Warm wishes on the occasion of World Hijab Day. Let us celebrate the women who wear hijab and maintain their modesty.
- Wishing everyone on the occasion of World Hijab Day. This day is all about celebrating hijab which safeguards them from harassment from males.
- Happy World Hijab Day to all. Let us make the most of this day by learning why hijab is worn and respecting that fact.
- “Wearing a hijab takes courage and strength. On this World Hijab Day, let’s show support and appreciation for the hijab-wearing women in our lives.”
- “The hijab represents so much more than just a piece of cloth. It’s a symbol of faith, respect and dignity. Happy World Hijab Day!”
- “The hijab is a beautiful and powerful statement of faith. On this World Hijab Day, let’s celebrate the hijab and the amazing women who wear it with pride.”
- The occasion of World Hijab Day gives us all the opportunity to learn about Islam and the importance of hijab in the culture. Warm greetings to all.
- On the occasion of World Hijab Day, this day is all about learning about hijabs and the reasons for its origin. Happy World Hijab Day.
- Wishing everyone on the occasion of World Hijab Day. Let us make this day a memorable one by celebrating hijab and learning about it.
- “The hijab is a reminder to the world that I am more than what meets the eye.” – Unknown
- “The hijab gives me a sense of empowerment and makes me feel proud of my faith.” – Aisha Al-Adawiya
- “The hijab is not just a piece of cloth, it’s a symbol of strength and resilience.” – Mariam Sobh
- “The hijab is not just a piece of cloth, it’s a symbol of courage, resilience and strength.” – Unknown
- “The hijab represents the principles of modesty and humility, and serves as a reminder to be grateful for all that we have.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “The hijab is a powerful statement of faith, and a symbol of beauty and elegance.” – Rania Al-Abdullah
- “The hijab is a personal choice and a symbol of religious freedom. It should be respected and appreciated.” – Unknown
- “The hijab represents a commitment to my faith, and a declaration of my beliefs.” – Linda Sarsour
- “The hijab is a source of pride, strength and beauty. It’s a part of who I am and I wear it with confidence.” – Nura Al-Matrouk
- “The hijab is not just a piece of cloth, it’s a way of life. It represents my commitment to my faith and my values.” – Asma Hasan
You probably know enough about Hijab Day from the above discussion. This day was started to prevent women from being harassed anywhere due to wearing hijab. Account to a Muslim woman is an object of self-covering. It is not just a piece of cloth, but it enhances the dignity of women.